Sketch of Fort Langleh by Lieutenant Leslie W. Shakespear, 2nd Battalion Prince of Wales’s Own Gurkhas.
‘The main entrance to that fort, with quarter guard;
on the top of a hill ending the range, four or five miles distant
is seen the village of Lalrooma, a friendly Kowlong chief,
beyond lie the hills of the Cachar border’.
‘The Illustrated London News’, 5th April 1890.